Another Word For House
Another Word For House have 8 pictures including Democrats, Creating \, First – Oh The Shame At Having Neglected, In My Perfect Post And PIMP Awards Post, To Thank Sarah And Krista For Recognizing Two Of *my* Posts For PPs., SlideShare, 5 Antonyms Antonym An Antonym Is A Word That Has The Opposite Meaning Of Another Word, Your Signature Signature Is Another Word For Your Name 9493, Goods Receipt Form Examples Of Feedback Forms Another Word For House Inspection Report Sample And Free, 5 Antonyms Antonym An Antonym Is A Word That Has The Opposite Meaning Of Another Word, Another Newest Addition To Out TpT Store Is Our. Below are the photos:
Another Word For House was posted at August 9, 2017 at 11:18 pm. It is posted under the Home category. Another Word For House is tagged with Another Word For House, Another, Word, For, House..make sure determine how and why you'll utilize a specified sort of Another Word For House and to prepare forward. Can it be likely to light the entire area up? Is a place that is black to be highlighted by it? Will it be employed simply like environment or a reading light? This goes handinhand with all the preceding hint because occasionally the sack can also be an area for exercising, reading, viewing Television and also working.
Be sure to add a stand or lamps close to the room in case you have a workspace inside your bedroom and study late during the night. And, obviously, for those who have a good attire, be sure to consider that place in calculating how much light you'll require in your bedroom.
Illumination is a large element of your Another Word For House, so you do not wish to enjoy by picking the lighting that is wrong with everything you've create just. Really think of the look you would like to realize, and take it. Themes through your illumination in the event that you choose ancient style, then select an ancient light.
Description of Another Word For House
Anotheran•oth•er (ə nuᵺ′ər),USA pronunciation adj.
- being one more or more of the same;
additional: another piece of cake.
of a different period, place, or kind: at another time; another man.
- very similar to;
of the same kind or category as: What we need today is another Thomas Jefferson.
- one more;
an additional one: That first hot dog tasted so good I'd like another.
- a different one;
something different: going from one house to another.
- one like the first: one copy for her and another for him.
- a person other than oneself or the one specified: He told her he loved another.
Wordword (wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Househouse (n., adj. hous;v. houz),USA pronunciation n., pl. hous•es (hou′ziz),USA pronunciation v., housed, hous•ing, adj.
- a building in which people live;
residence for human beings.
- a household.
- (often cap.) a family, including ancestors and descendants: the great houses of France; the House of Hapsburg.
- a building for any purpose: a house of worship.
- a theater, concert hall, or auditorium: a vaudeville house.
- the audience of a theater or the like.
- a place of shelter for an animal, bird, etc.
- the building in which a legislative or official deliberative body meets.
- (cap.) the body itself, esp. of a bicameral legislature: the House of Representatives.
- a quorum of such a body.
- (often cap.) a commercial establishment;
business firm: the House of Rothschild; a publishing house.
- a gambling casino.
- the management of a commercial establishment or of a gambling casino: rules of the house.
- an advisory or deliberative group, esp. in church or college affairs.
- a college in an English-type university.
- a residential hall in a college or school;
- the members or residents of any such residential hall.
- a brothel;
- a variety of lotto or bingo played with paper and pencil, esp. by soldiers as a gambling game.
- Also called parish. [Curling.]the area enclosed by a circle 12 or 14 ft. (3.7 or 4.2 m) in diameter at each end of the rink, having the tee in the center.
- any enclosed shelter above the weather deck of a vessel: bridge house; deck house.
- one of the 12 divisions of the celestial sphere, numbered counterclockwise from the point of the eastern horizon.
- bring down the house, to call forth vigorous applause from an audience;
be highly successful: The children's performances brought down the house.
- clean house. See clean (def. 46).
- dress the house, [Theat.]
- to fill a theater with many people admitted on free passes;
paper the house.
- to arrange or space the seating of patrons in such a way as to make an audience appear larger or a theater or nightclub more crowded than it actually is.
- keep house, to maintain a home;
manage a household.
- like a house on fire or afire, very quickly;
with energy or enthusiasm: The new product took off like a house on fire.
- on the house, as a gift from the management;
free: Tonight the drinks are on the house.
- put or set one's house in order:
- to settle one's affairs.
- to improve one's behavior or correct one's faults: It is easy to criticize others, but it would be better to put one's own house in order first.
- to put or receive into a house, dwelling, or living quarters: More than 200 students were housed in the dormitory.
- to give shelter to;
lodge: to house flood victims in schools.
- to provide with a place to work, study, or the like: This building houses our executive staff.
- to provide storage space for;
be a receptacle for or repository of: The library houses 600,000 books.
- to remove from exposure;
put in a safe place.
- to stow securely.
- to lower (an upper mast) and make secure, as alongside the lower mast.
- to heave (an anchor) home.
- to fit the end or edge of (a board or the like) into a notch, hole, or groove.
- to form (a joint) between two pieces of wood by fitting the end or edge of one into a dado of the other.
- to take shelter;
- of, pertaining to, or noting a house.
- for or suitable for a house: house paint.
- of or being a product made by or for a specific retailer and often sold under the store's own label: You'll save money on the radio if you buy the house brand.
- served by a restaurant as its customary brand: the house wine.